Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's true she says

I have been thinking a lot lately, about the people and things in my life.
I have realized that I am very lucky in many ways not just in the material possessions I own but with the few people I really choose to let in.
I have also been thinking about life a lot, what I want to become, how I want my children to become and I have concluded that I really don't give myself enough credit for the way I have turned out.
I'm getting over my fear of people not liking me as I have been seeing more faults in the people I have been choosing to hangout with and decided to pick the people I choose to socialize with more carefully so I don't hurt them when I decide I no longer want to hang around with them.
So I will no longer be made felt small or self conscious by the immature people in my growing smaller social group.
I would much rather have a small group of friends that I truly love and trust with my life than a large group of lots of neutral friends that don't really mind if they lived without me.
I have done a really good job this year of growing up and realizing my potential and I am determined to keep these changes and continue to grow as a person.

2 comments: